Believe to Achieve
Can you achieve leadership status without having faith in yourself? Do you love who you are? Do you believe in yourself and your skills?
Having faith in yourself is a must for achieving success. Mother Teresa once said, “I do not pray for success, I ask for faithfulness.” Success is a consequence of faith.
Since you were a little kid you have been learning what you could accomplish by having faith in yourself. As children we learned to do things we saw others doing, such as riding a bike, hitting a ball, or swimming, because we had faith that we could do it. Even though we had to fight our natural fears, we decided to ride that two-wheeler or jump into the water and start swimming. We kept trying no matter how many times we failed. Our faith told us that we could ride the bicycle, swim, or hit the ball, and eventually we did. We did not give up, and we achieved success.
Later in life, we began to try more difficult tasks and experience the consequences of failing or succeeding. Unfortunately, when we failed at some of those attempts we gave up, allowing fear of failure to stop us from trying again.
Everyday we find examples of people that have done things that we want to do. That desire alone should be enough to create the faith in ourselves to achieve those goals. You know that if others could do it, then so can you! Many of these people started from worse circumstances than yours, and they did it.
Faith in yourself is your ticket to success.
In 1877, Thomas Edison said, “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” Thomas Edison failed more than 1,000 times when trying to create the light bulb. (The story is often told as 5,000 or 10,000 times depending on who is telling the story.) When asked about it, Edison allegedly said, “I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb.” How will having faith in my ability to succeed affect my business? It will help you to show you also have faith in others. Having a positive attitude will help you to always look for a way to help your customers. Look for a win-win scenario and more often than not you will walk out with a new prospect, a smile, and new business for you and your company. At the end of the day, you will be energized. That energy translates to a much better attitude and a large increase in sales.
When people believe in you, there is an incredible power that fills you up. Suddenly the impossible becomes possible. Our work as coaches is to help you visualize success.
How can you build faith in yourself and in others? Here are some tips.
- Think of your dream and imagine yourself reaching that. Remember, failure begins with disbelief.
- Stop thinking of what you can’t do, and begin to think of the things that you can do. Be a “yes” type of person, at least to yourself.
- When facing opportunities, put your heart into it. Again, believe that you’ll make things happen!
- Think BIG, believe BIG, act BIG. As that realistic proverb says, “Aim for the roof, you fall on the floor. Aim for the sky, and you fall on the roof.”
- Find a Strength. Instead of looking at weaknesses, look for strengths in yourself and others.
- Build on Past Successes. If you have to face a difficult or challenging task, take time to recall your past successes. This will give you encouragement for the future and help turn a difficult situation into a positive one.
As you can see, it’s all in the mind. Start with positive thoughts, and the rest will follow.
At Activate Group we help clients achieve quick, efficient and profitable growth through the easy implementation of proven methods. For more information, please contact us at 305.722.7213 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.