Answer these 10 questions to determine how well your sales processes and systems are operating:
1. If people complete the actions in the business plan, is there certainty in plan achievement?
2. How effective is our territory management?
3. Does training and coaching meet the needs of the sales organization?
4. Does the compensation system properly motivate the sales force?
5. Is the work environment properly motivating our sales force?
6. Does the organization have the right support systems in place to keep people motivated?
7. How effective are staffing processes in terms of finding, selecting, setting expectations, ramping up, terminating, and holding people accountable?
8. How effective are reporting systems in terms of content, frequency and automation?
9. What is the quality of the sales pipeline?
10. Are measurement systems strong enough so that sales can be predicted with reasonable accuracy for the next 3 months?
There are some great tools you can use to assess your processes and systems objectively. Contact us if you want help!
Howard Shore is a business growth expert who works with companies that want to maximize their growth potential by improving strategy, enhancing their knowledge, and improving motivation. To learn more about him or his firm please contact Howard Shore at [phone link=”true”] or firstname.lastname@example.org .